Showing posts from category: Pray
Isaac and Dolly are based in New Delhi, India. Isaac serves as the regional coordinator ( North India ) for TAFTEE (The Association for Theological Education by Extension) . Dolly works closely with her husband and assists him in his area of work. TAFTEE’s ministry in India seeks to equip Christians, from lay members to leaders theologically though various courses and programs.
They ask for prayer;
- Pray for the existing students (3500) to progress well and finish the course. Pray also for the efforts to enlist Santhali native workers onto the program
- Pray for the translation work in Malto and Punjabi languages. Pray that the translation of the materials would be accurate and prove a valuable resource with these people groups
- Pray for finances, in particular scholarship funding for students which is need this year, and that the shortfall would be met
- We are excited for the 275 native evangelists who completed the foundational course. Pray that the Lord would use them to build his kingdom
- Please pray for healing for Isaac who is suffering knee pain
Melody and Saia are Co-Mission partners serving in Khedgaon, near Pune, India. Saia has just taken on a new roll within the finance department of Mukti mission and Melody is working as a nurse in the mission hospital. They ask for prayer;
- For Saia and his added responsibility at work with the new role. Pray that he quickly learns what is required.
- For Melody who is suffering from backache since the delivery of their last child.
- For their children Abel (3.5yrs) and Jacob (1yr), in particular their health as when they are ill it also causes problems with childcare.
- For Mukti Mission, they have lost 3 staff families this year all of whom had more than 10yrs service. Pray that suitable candidates will replace them and come to serve. There have also been some staff changes at the English medium school which has created an unsettled time.
Saia and Melody have recently been encouraged by Matt 6:33 despite the challenges –
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Aamir (on right) with delegate
Samaritan Strategy is a training program designed to facilitate and empower local communities to look at their community needs and what resources they already have to address those needs. Aamir our country director for Pakistan leads the program for AsiaCMS. With training being held in Hyderabad, Karachi and elsewhere.
Aamir asks for prayer for a one-day Samaritan Strategy Training Session scheduled to take place on 27th July and is being organised by YCLN (Young Christian Leaders Network). Pray for the facilitators and preparations and pray for the attendees that they find the course both useful and encourages them to initiate something of God’s kingdom in their community.
Rev Jim Paul is our newest co-mission partner serving as hospital chaplain at the Christian Medical Centre, Vellore. Please pray for his ministry and his family;
-for his stay in Vellore and family as they adjust to new life and ministry
-for his wife’s exam result and that she would get the government job she is has applied for
-for an effective ministry in CMC as he seeks to share Jesus in his care for the sick and through supporting the grieving families left behind
-and for their son who finding schooling difficult with language and home
-also for Jim’s grandmother, who is very sick.
Suman and Reena , Azahi and dina , Moitea and Elzee all of whom have finished their terms in ACMS Co Mission partner program this year. They now continue their journey in Mission in different parts of Nepal and India . Please pray for grace and guidance as they embark in a new phase in their calling. Also a prayer of thanks for the wonderful work for the Kingdom they achieved these past years as part of the program.
Tan Kang-San our executive director is facilitating 4 sessions this week at the Lausanne Global Leadership Conference on Global Collaboration for Engaging Buddhist World. Please pray for him as he leads these sessions on top of his AsiaCMS commitments and for a fruitful and useful conference.
This just came in from Marama, Diki’s husband (Co-MP serving Kathmandu Nepal – where they help run a project for children with special needs)
Please pray for Diki. She was recently admitted for surgery to remove a molar pregnancy. She is now suffering from an infection which seems to be serious and chemotherapy is being used to treat the infection.
Pray for Diki’s full and speedy recovery and for Marama as he looks after their 2yr old daughter Faith at this stressful time.
Aamir, our country manager for Pakistan asks for prayer for his family. Aamir’s wife Sheeba after a time of ill-health and low haemoglobin levels was admitted for surgery yesterday. Praise God that surgery went well. Pray also for full recovery for Sheeba and for God’s hand on the whole family at this difficult time.
We are delighted to have Michael Burke coming as a volunteer to the KL office next week. Michael was part of the CMS UK stewardship team and we hope to make use of these skills and experience. He will help with writting some publicity materials, preparing donor proposals and offer advice as we draw up our stewardship strategy for the coming year.
Pray for Mike as he leaves his family behind for 4 weeks. Pray that it would be an enjoyable time for him and his time will be fruitful. Join us in thanking God for this provision.
As we open the new office in Malaysia, please pray that we would be able to raise the profile of AsiaCMS with local churches and other organisations. As a start-up we need to look for volunteers and supporters to help with administration and raising awareness. Pray too, that we would be able to raise financial support so we can set-up the training programs we have planned for 2013 and continue our ongoing work across Asia.